I have the biggest class in school and mine are always, hands down, lined up first, straight as an arrow. How did I inspire them to line up? Excuse my arrogance, but how do I explain my incredible discipline strategies.
- I say please line up when the bell rings. Treat pupils with respect.
- Tell them that it is their responsibility.
- I demonstrate respect towards the pupils.
- I say please will you run a message for me, I ask them. ...
- I flatter them all day long, find their talent and brag to others about it,
- I smile a lot - come home exhausted - sore jaw.
More to follow ...